Terms & Conditions
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Payment for all green fees/open competitions (other than members introducing guests), will be taken at the time of booking. This applies to all bookings made online, over the telephone or in-person at the club.
If you cancel your booking more than 48 hours before your booked tee time, a full refund will be made to your credit/debit card. If you cancel your booking less than 48 hours in advance, no refund will be made. Your booking is completely transferable to another person for the same day and time, therefore, should you be unable to make your tee time, you can offer the tee time to someone else such as a family member or friend.
You can cancel your booking by emailing [email protected] using the email address that was used at the time of the booking or by calling the club directly.
Group Bookings for 12 people and more:
- Cancellations/changes for groups of 12 or more must be confirmed in writing to [email protected]
- Cancellations received 4 weeks or more in advance of date of play: the deposit will be transferred to another date or refunded as required at the discretion of the General Manager of Headfort Golf Club.
- If the cancellation is received less than 4 weeks in advance of date of play: the deposit received is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Headfort Golf Club will accept up to 10% reductions to the numbers booked, provided any reduction is received and agreed by Headfort Golf Club no later than 3 days prior to the day of play. (ie on the preceding Wednesday for a Saturday booking).
- Visiting groups, including societies, are advised that any shortfall in numbers after the final confirmation, 3 days in advance, will be charged in full. This applies to golf and food that has been pre-booked.
- In the event of a reduced number of golfers or no-shows on the day of play, full payment is due for unused tee times.
Headfort Golf Club requests that the group event organiser make each member of their group aware of the above conditions.
To facilitate the smooth running of the time sheet in terms of pace of play and where the time sheet is busy, Headfort Golf Club reserve the right to pair groups up into four-balls where possible.
If a single golfer, pair or three-ball wish to have a whole line to themselves, please contact us to advise on options available. A surcharge may apply for this service.
Golf societies must play in four-balls as far as is reasonably possible. For example, a group of 18 golfers must play in 3 x Four-Balls and Two Three-Balls.
Course Closure Policy
In the event of course closure, where Management deems the course unplayable, an alternative date will be offered (based on availability) or payment will be refunded at the discretion of Management.
Please note that inclement weather in itself does not constitute a reason to close the course and golfers that choose not to go out or leave the course of their own volition will be charged in full and no refunds granted.
Where a dangerous situation occurs, such as lightning, all players are required to leave the course immediately and seek shelter indoors. Temporary suspensions of play for lightning and other dangerous situations will be kept to a minimum. Where play cannot be resumed, and/or the delay is greater than 90 minutes and golfers choose not to wait longer, green fee vouchers will be issued for golfers to return on another day.
Pace of Play Policy
To ensure all golfers enjoy their experience and proper flow of golf play is maintained on the course, slow play must be avoided at all times. Slow play may be monitored by our Course Ranger and by Golf Shop staff.
Pace of play is 4 hours 30 minutes for a four-ball playing stableford singles on the Championship Course and 4 hours 15 minutes for a four-ball playing stableford singles on the Old Course.
Groups of 12 and more are not permitted to play strokes or scramble competitions without the prior approval of Headfort Golf Club. All societies and groups are required to play from yellow tees, or other such tees as management may advise on the day.
Appropriate golf attire is required. Denim/jeans, sleeveless shirts, sports jerseys, tracksuits, shorts (other than tailored), and runners/trainers are not permitted. Headfort Golf Club reserves the right to refuse admission to the clubhouse/course/practice facilities to anyone dressed inappropriately. Soft spikes are compulsory.
Rules of Golf, Rules of Amateur Status and Local Rules
Visiting golfers must comply with the constitution, rules and byelaws of Golf Ireland, the Rules of Golf and Amateur Status and Rules of Handicapping as defined by the R&A as well as the local rules at Headfort Golf Club.
Please take care of our course by taking the time to repair pitch marks, replace divots, rake bunkers and obey all course signage.
Golf buggies and all motorised or electric vehicles (capable of transporting a person and/or their clubs) are to be kept at least 5 yards away from tee boxes and greens at all times and their use is subject to the clubs policy.